Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

OTT appoints me to discuss licencing requirement with the MOT

I love the monthly Ontario Trillium Travellers (OTT) outings.  Getting together with friends and sharing experiences is always exciting.  A new Ontario campground every month, provides us with new things to see and do.

This August outing was the not much different until we had a meeting and discussed the licencing requirements to drive motorhomes of the size of ours.  You see, Bettyann and I had just got the required D-Licence and shared how costly and down-right ridiculus it was for the MOT to require us to have it.

Like us most folks didn't even know that there was such a requirement.  So, at our business meeting on Saturday the OTT appointed me to send a requiest to the ministry to reconsider the licencing requirements for Class A motorhomers.

If you have been following my blog you'll know that Bettyann and I documented our experience and our opinion about requiring a D-licence for RVers.  Having presented our findings and discussing with the OTT they share our point of view on this. 

... Now on to the job of presenting our view to the ministry.  I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment