Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sicard RV - I Swore I'd Never Go Back

For a wide variety of reasons, I swore, I would not go back to Sicard RV for maintenance on our motorhome.  The reasons included the loss of a GPS while in service and the fact that more than once I had to have something re-fixed elsewhere after being serviced there.  We haven't been back since 2009.

The insurance adjuster got help from Sicard to cost the Motorhome repair after the blowout on the 402.  I got an Email from Terry at Sicard offering to do the repairs.

I also wanted to have the other 5 tires replaced so I asked for a quote from him of that.  The quote was very reasonable $550 each installed.  After a few telephone conversations and Email exchanges with Terry, I made the decision to give Sicard another shot and drove the 200KMs out to Smithville yesterday.

Back to Sicard RV
We had no sooner dropped off the motorhome at the service center when we got some bad news.  Terry had made a mistake on the tire quote - the cost would be $644 per tire not $550 (a significant difference).  Given that I had paid $583, on the road, to replace the tire that blew-out,  it is possible that the original quote was legitimate error.

We added a couple of things to the service list - repair a water leak and replace the Hose Reel.  The Hose Reel will cost $600 and I assume the water leak will be found and fixed easily - Our expectation - under $1000 for the Reel and leak repair.


They have until the 18th to complete everything.  I really hope they do this right - I'll let you all know, either way.  Let me know about your experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment