Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Problems Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

I have had 2 friends now with Windows 7 computers attempt to install Windows 10 and ran into an issue where their computer sits with the spinning dots for hours.

They launched the install process by clicking on the Windows Update Icon in the notification area on the bottom right of their screen.  This brings up a window with the rotating dots.  If this lasts more than 10 minutes do the following:

Close that window - x it down
click on the Start icon
Type "Windows Update"
Install Windows 10 from there

I have not seen this problem when updating from Windows 8.



2 comments:

  1. Thanx Fred. I too had a problem, not figuring out how to automatically connect to the Internet, after the switch. I switched back to 7, then back to 10, and that solved that issue. But now am missing rtl120-.bpl, madexcept-.bpl, as well as madbask-.bpl. The computer says to download them again. I would if I knew where and what they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlie, I have no idea what those file are how is it affecting the system? Does Wind0ws 10 run?

    ReplyDelete