Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

First. I would like to welcome members of the Ontario Good Sam's to the Blog.  The Ontario Trillium Travellers (OTT) and I appreciate your support on getting changes made to licencing of motorhomers.  If we can get the MOT to actually listen, the decision should be easy for them.  If you've read my previous Blog posts you'll see that our request is not rocket science - it is completely consistent with the licencing practices in the vast majority of all U.S. states and Canadian Provinces.

I wrote a follow up Email today and, based on the responses I have received from the MOT previously, you can expect me to post their response within a few days.

I will be at the September OTT outing this week but I will have internet access. I hope to get a response and be able to review our progress with everyone at our meeting on Saturday.

So here is the text of my Email:


"Dear Minister Wynne:

I am writing to follow up on my Email of August 31st.

In your response to my Email you stated:  “It is important to the ministry and has been forwarded to the appropriate ministry office for review.”  I would appreciate it if you would provide me with the name of the office and the name and Email address of the manager of that office.

Since I wrote the August 31st Email, I have had an opportunity to research licencing (licensing) practices of U.S. and other Canadian jurisdictions.  Our request to change the licencing requirements by exempting operators of large motorhomes (used for recreational purposes) from having to obtain a commercial “D”- like licence appears to be in compliance with the current practices.
  
Again, I look forward to posting your response on my Blog and the Ontario Trillium Travellers (OTT) web site.  Thank you.
Yours truly,


No comments:

Post a Comment