Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2012

New Communication Alternative

Many RVers have used magicJack for a few years now and I have blogged about how to use a mobile hotspot like the Verizon Novatel and the Telus Huawei in combination with a WiFi extender and a magicJack Plus to say goodbye to your telephone company and carry high-speed internet with you where ever you go.  I now think I have a better, even less expensive way to have phone service as inexpensive as magicJack but eliminate the WiFi extender.

Today I purchased a Nettalk Duo Wifi but I haven't tested it.  I will do that tomorrow.  If it works the way I think it should you should only need 2 devices - your WiFi Hotspot and the NetTalk.  Less devices means a  system easier to maintain.  I will let you know.

By the way, Windows 8 will be available tomorrow as well - I will be downloading it and going live.  I have had the preview for a few months now and I am a little concerned that my audience will have problems with it.  Is it the next Vista???  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment