Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Windows 8 wants to save to the cloud - Just Annoying

You know,one of the things that annoys me in Windows 8?  It defaults to storing everything on OneDrive.  Every time I say select "Save" or "Save As" in a Word Document or a Spreadsheet or anything else it wants to save it in "Documents."  So, I select Save and move on to the next thing not having realized that I have stored it in Documents on OneDrive (the cloud) and not on my computer where I expected it to go.

I don't want to store everything in the cloud!  I only want to move things to the cloud when I specifically want it there to share with other devices or friends.  When I select "Save As" and realize the Windows 8 is going to store it there I have to scroll through options to "This PC" and "Documents."

Here is how to fix that:

Go to the "Charms Bar" (Win key plus C will get you there)
Select "Settings" - "Change PC Settings"
Now Select "OneDrive"
Turn off - "Save Documents to OneDrive by Default"

No comments:

Post a Comment