Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Windows 10 Enhances Snap

Windows 7 and 8  both had "Snap" capability,  Snap allows you to take one window and "Snap" it to the left side of the screen and another to right, splitting the screen into 2 equal pieces. When this first came out with Windows 7, I didn't think I would ever use it but now I use it every single day.  I snap the browser to one side of the screen and Excel or Word to the other.  This allows getting info like stock information or a recipe in a browser and write into the other app while the information is right there in the  browser.

The way you snap a window is hold down the Win key and click either the left or right arrow.

In Windows 10 you can now do that with as many as 4 screens - again, I can't think I will every use that many screens at the same time but I didn't think I would use the 2 screen snap when it was available in earlier versions.

With Windows 10, you drag each window to the corner you would like it snapped to.  Four corners - Four Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment