Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 - Managing Disk Space

The Yoga Tablet 2 comes with 32GB of internal storage which was one of the biggest  concerns when I first purchased it.  The Micro SD slot would allow an additional 64GB of space but not for programs or apps.

When I purchased the tablet the available space after the Windows 8.1 was 20.7GB. I then installed driver updates from Lenovo and Windows 8.1 updates.  That left 18.4GB.

I then proceeded to install:
     1  Google Chrome, Chromecast - with apps, and Google Drive.  Chromecast, Miracast and DLNA all work beautifully.
     2.  WD MyCloud - we have our own cloud storage
     3.  Kingsoft Office - This is MS Office compatible but free and not as touch friendly.  The Yoga Tablet 2 comes with a free 1 year subscription of MS Office.  I chose not to use it.
     4.  Quicken 2015 - I can't get along without this.

So here is where we are - 14.9GB

I don't plan to put any data on C: - I moved that all off to the Micro SD - Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos and Downloads.  So  far, this is working very well.

I also set up a Homegroup to allow the easy transfer of data between our computers.



No comments:

Post a Comment