Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 15, 2015

A New Lenovo Tablet 2

Yesterday, I was at a BestBuy in Springhill here in Florida.  I went to purchase a new Chromecast.  I wanted to use it to run a class here in Rock Crusher.  After picking it up I thought I’d stop by and look at the Windows Tablets.  I already have a Blackberry, 2 Android Tablets and an iPad but I thought I’d look anyway.
I took a look at pretty much all of them when I ran into this 10.1” Yoga Tablet 2.  This thing only has 2GB of memory and a 32GB eMMC  but it has an SD card slot and a quad cord Intel Atom processor.  It also comes with a matching magnetic Bluetooth keyboard/case and Windows 8.1.
It was very responsive and the only thing that concerned me was that it only had a 32GB eMMC.  The keyboard felt great to type on and the system was very responsive.  That surprised me because I was led to believe that the Atom processor was slow.
After about 15 minutes playing with it and at what looked like a great price - $370;  I couldn't resist – I bought it.

When I got it home I unpacked it and I have to say, Lenovo has great packaging.  I remove the tablet and keyboard and spent 2 hours charging them up.  A full review is my next job.  Now to set it up and play….

No comments:

Post a Comment