Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 - Initial Review

As I previously blogged, I purchased a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 about 2 weeks ago and since, I have had the opportunity to really get into it.

The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 comes with 2GBs of Memory and only 32GBs of storage (the C: Drive.  I also has a Micro SD slot for up to another 64GB.  The entire specs can be found here: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2

Starting off, when I first signed in to Windows 8.1 on the tablet, Microsoft downloaded all the store apps from my laptop.  Well, not really, they downloaded the app tile and when you click on it it will download the app. But it populated my Start Screen with the apps I use most.  Sweet!

I really like the touch and feel but was concerned that I wouldn't be able to do much with 32GB of storage.  I was pleasantly surprised when I complete installing the things I needed.  More about that later.

The fist thing I did was to check for updates at Lenovo Support site.  After commecting the Bluetooth keyboard, I downloaded and installed the BIOS update and all the new drivers.  Then I quick tried the camera - press the button and 2 seconds later you have a blurry picture but I didn't purchase it for the camera.

Next came the Micro SD Card.  I know it was outside the spec but I had purchased a 128GB Micro SD card from Amazon for $17. When I put it into the SD slot it appeared to work until I started copying files to it.  I copied a few movies.  Some were able to play and others just didn't work.  The format (MP4) seemed to change.  Now, I know you're thinking $17 for a Micro SD and you might be right but it also might be that it's specs show only 64GB is supported.  I put in a 32GB and so far it is working great.

That's it for now but more to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment