Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Quest for the "D" - We got the "D" - Quest Complete!

What a successful day!  We arrived at the DriveTest Centre at about 8:15AM - Timmys in hand.  Dale and Don were already there waiting with the truck.  They offered to take us though the pre-trip again before the actual examiner got there.  Both Bettyann and I declined - we were ready!

Bettyann goes through the checks as John watches
At 9Am sharp, the examiner, John, emerged from the building and headed to the truck.  Bettyann was first and unlike the previous drive and check I was not allowed to manage the ladder.  John was very understanding about that and handled the ladder for her.  I think the adrenaline was flowing so Bettyann cruised through all the checks.  She didn't forget the "stick and start" today.  After, almost destroying one of the chalks she was off on a drive through Oshawa and onto the 401.  Twenty minutes later she had her "D-Licence."  No pressure on me.

I cruised through the checks and the drive and was luckily enough to pass too.  So, after two months of sitting in storage the Vectra is finally going back on the road.


Dale and Don From Durham
I may have mentioned this before but I have to say it again.  Choosing to take the D-Licence course at Durham was an excellent decision.  The reason I made that decision is that we couldn't take the chance of failure.  Dale and Don directed us through every aspect from the basic requirements, medical, the written test, and the drive test.  Had either Bettyann or I failed, I think they would have felt worse than we would.  And ,we would have felt really, really bad.  But really, there was no chance of that.  Thanks again to the Durham Team - Dale and Don.


No comments:

Post a Comment