Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Licencing for us motorhomers - I AM CONFUSED

I'm still confused!

The MOT web page that seemed to clear up the confusion and that seemed to require us to get a D-Licence has been removed.  Check out the link in my previous posts - they now give a 404 error, meaning no page found.

There are some new rules posted for 5th wheelers but still nothing for us.  So, I wrote to the Ministry and asked a few questions here is the text:

"I have a question in light of the new RV Drivers licencing rules announced July 1, 2011.  I manage the web site for the Ontario Trillium Travellers, a group of RVers who own Winnebago Class A Motorhomes. I also write an RV Blog. I would like a clear answer that I can publish on the following questions:
 1.  Many of us have diesel motorhomes with air brakes that themselves exceed the 11,000kg weight limit and in addition there is a car in tow.  What licence is required to operate this vehicle?
 2.  Some have gasoline motorhomes without air brakes weighing less than 11,000kg but when towing a car the weight exceeds the 11,000kg.  What licence is required to operate this vehicle? 
3.  In order to apply for a D-Licence I believe you must have a Z-endorsement(Air Brakes) - has this changed?"
I hope to get an answer soon.  I'll let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment