Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2015

My Windows 10 test environment

Lenovo R61 with Windows 10
Until now, I have used Windows 10 on 2 computers - the first was the computer I use every day (Lenovo T520) and the second was an older computer (Lenovo R61) that originally came with Winodws Vista.  I did a clean install on the R61 and did not use my day-to-day applications on it.  I added and tested things that I could download from the Microsoft store but my "critical" applications were never run on this computer.  Windows 10 runs very well on that computer.

A little background on my main computer the T520.

Lenovo T520 with Windows 10
I am not really that brave with my main computer.  Even though I have it completely backed up, When I installed Windows 8 two years ago, I first copied my Windows 7 hard drive to a much faster SSD (solid state drive), kept the original drive stored away, and proceeded to install Windows 8 on the new SSD. The T-520 with the SSD is what I use every day with Windows 8.  Full disclosure, I  am one of these folks who love Windows 8.1.

When Microsoft introduced the Windows 10 Insiders program, I was anxious to get involved.  I dug out my old hard drive - still with Windows 7.  Swapped it into my computer and Installed Windows 10. Every day, I would swap it in and out of my computer.  When I wanted to use my day-to day applications I would swap in my SSD with Windows 8 and when I wanted to test and work with Windows 10 I would remove the SSD and replace it with the Windows 10 hard drive.






No comments:

Post a Comment