Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Installing Windows 10

When I first reserved my copy of Windows 10 through the icon on the bottom right of my computer I kind of thought that I would get it the first day, especially since I was part of the Windows Insider Program.  When you think about it though, there a hundreds of millions of Winodws 7 and 8 computers in the world to upgrade

I really want to run Windows 10 on all my devices and since it didn't download automatically yesterday, I decided to get it myself.

Here is how:

Go to:  Windows 10 Creation Tool Download

Determine whether your computer is 32 or 64 bit.  Click Win - E (Windows Key + E)
Right click on "This PC" then click on properties.
System type will tell you whether you have  a 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

My computer is a 64 bit so I clicked on "Download Tool Now (64 bit Version)"

After running the Tool this appears:
Now Click - Next

Once the download has completed, the installation will take just about an hour depending on the speed of your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment