Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What happens if I decide to install Windows 10?



I have had a friend ask recently. "What about the programs and data that I now have in the Windows 7 laptop, will they be removed when it's upgraded? And if not, will they still work with Windows 10?"

All your programs will run and all your data will be there as well. You will also have the option to return to Windows 7 if you don't like Windows 10.

The little Windows 10 icon on the bottom right (the notification area) is a program that has already checked your system to ensure it is compatible. Click on it and then click the hamburger icon (3 bars) on the top left.  Now under "Getting the upgrade" click "Check you PC."  That will confirm compatibility.

There will also be an option to have a complete fresh install, erasing Windows 7 and all your programs and data.  I will be using this option on one of my computers.  Of course, I will back up everything before hand.

Which ever way you decide to install Windows 10, before you do, you should do a complete backup just for safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment