Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Making "OK Google" Available on Every Home Screen

I use “OK Google” on my Nexus 5X for everything from asking “What’s the score in the Blue Jays game?”, to Google searches, to sending SMS messages.  When I first purchased Nexus 5X, I found “OK Google” only on what I call the notification screen.  I really wanted to have it on every home screen and now I can.  It wasn’t easy, so, I thought I would share it with everyone else who would like to do this.

Here’s how:


1

 


2


Go to the notification screen (swipe from left to right at the home screen)  and Click on the Hamburger Menu.

Now Click on Settings


3

 


4


Click on Voice
Now Click on “OK Google” detection


5

 

 


Notice that it says “any Home Screen”
So turn this switch on
You should now see the “OK Google” at the top of every Home Screen

No comments:

Post a Comment